Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Find me!


To allay various fears and to somehow incorporate even more of the color orange into my fierce backpacker appearance, I am carrying the Spot device on my walk in the woods.

It's like a satellite twitter. I push a button that says "ok" and - unless it happens to be opposite day - lets people know via txt or email that I am, indeed, at least somewhat adequate.

If you read the website it also has a 911 button for emergencies (which, of course, real men of genius do not use) and a "help" button for non-emergent situations of need.

And.....since I know nobody in a 500 mile radius around where I'll be, something tells me I'm not using the "help" button either. I'd have to be a really evil person to freak my mom out like that.

"Help" but not too much help?

(said with a british accent) "I'm in a bit of danger, but not too much danger, and really I'm all right, I just spilled hot tea all over my knickers and it's Earl Grey you know and oh dear I've run out of laundry detergent, fiddlesticks!"


As an added feature, I can personalize my "ok" and "help" msgs. I'll try and change em up for variety.

I'm taking requests for the content of said msgs....Let me know if you want to receive the update.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Star Wars' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP