Wednesday, June 17, 2009

09.06.14 DeadMau5 "Ghosts and Things"


Far too exhausted to write anything tonight. Back to back to back 20 mile days with 8000+ feet of total elevation climb. I'm borderline comatose.



Jagged rocks cover with the Colorado/Continental Divide Trail. I'm somewhere between San Luis Pass and Marshall Pass, CO.


At the end of the day, I basically snapped for an hour and jogged across various forested ridges, with my Ipod blaring listening to Deadmau5 and other associated house music.

Again, there remains no in-between on this trail. The views make me feel small and transcendent and all those are other inspirational, chilly feelings. Yet, it's also crushing how much walking there is and how much my feet hurt. But I wonder why I love to complain about this so much? Especially when I see stuff like this everyday.

See? Strikes and Gutterballs. No Spares




I still feel like I should be creative, writing about the rolling hills of pine trees and the dusty trails of the mountains. Mostly, I'm too tired to arrange metaphors in my head. The pace is unmerciful and the pain often unyielding. This is honestly one of the hardest athletic endeavors of my life. However I will say, despite the abrupt, fitful sleep, I am having some of the most vivid dreams on this trip.

For now, ill write about the dream I had last night. My dad and I are standing on the beach. He is rubbing sunscreen into his ears and his bald, pink head. There are big spots of lotion that still aren't rubbed in. As he applies the sunscreen, he's talking to me about an assignment. We are in the secret service (I know, there was no secret service at that time) and our job is to protect Abraham Lincoln. As he tells me of this assignment, I keep trying to tell him and everyone else that I know when Lincoln will die. But no one believes me. The rest of the dream I am walking on the beach yelling at people about John Wilkes Booth. I'm fired from the secret service. Suddenly, Lincoln is shot and everyone blames me. I'm taken into custody and have to break out of a dark, dripping cell.

At that point I wake up and I've nearly strangled myself with my sleeping bag.

The End.



Song Honorable Mentions:

-Siouxze and the Banshees "Overground"

-Soundtrack from A Clockwork Orange "Beethoven's March" (for Erik)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Star Wars' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP